AHHS Boys Basketball
Player Daily Schedule
In order to insure the success of our players on and off the court, we created this easy to follow schedule. It is imperative that parents follow this schedule to support the academic and athletic demands of our school. The following schedule should be implemented Sunday (Starting with the 7:30pm spot)-Thursday. Friday and Saturday, use your discretion.
- 6:30 a.m. – Wake Up (Earlier if needed)
- 8:10 a.m. – School Starts
- 2:40 p.m. – School Ends
- 3:00 p.m. – Study Hall/Tutoring (ALL OR MOST HOMEWORK SHOULD BE COMPLETED HERE)
- 4:30 p.m. – Basketball (Off-Season Workouts/In Season Practice)
- 7:30 p.m. – Shower/Dinner (Start here Sundays)
- 8:00 p.m. – Studying (Review the days notes, chapters and homework for all subjects)
- PARENTS: CHECK NOTES/SIGN DAILY PROGRESS REPORT
- PLAYERS: PUT HOMEWORK/DAILY PROGRESS REPORT IN YOUR HOMEWORK FOLDER
- 9:00 p.m. – Free Time
- 11:00 p.m. – Bed Time/Lights Out (Freshman 10:00pm)
- PARENTS: COLLECT CELL PHONES, COMPUTER KEYBOARDS GAME CONTROLS, AND TV REMOTES
*In season we have games or practices on Fridays and Saturdays (9am-12pm)
- Make every effort to follow this schedule.
- Collect cell phones and other distractive devices when he comes in the house.
- Create a Homework Zone (distraction free area for work) NOT HIS ROOM!!!
- Monitor his free time.
- How much time is spending on the phone?
- Who are his friends?
- What’s on his social media pages? (What’s he posting? What’s he sending and being sent?)
- Ask what he’s doing academically and athletically at school.
- Read his daily progress reports, don’t just sign them.
- Contact the coaches at least once a week.
*This schedule is designed so that players don’t need to miss any practices, workouts or games. Before you consider pulling him out of basketball, consider stripping him of everything besides school and basketball (Ex. girlfriend, video games, cell phone privileges, internet, TV, weekend freedom, etc.